Dry Farming Symposium
February 23 @ 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
As we confront the fragility of California’s water system, a crucial question emerges: how can we adapt to water scarcity without jeopardizing farmer livelihoods? Join farmers, researchers, technical assistance providers, and policy advocates as we discuss dry farming in this community of practice!
At this event, participants will:
- Connect with other dry farm practitioners
- Hear research updates from recent field experiments
- Discuss dry farm management practices
- Learn about varieties and breeding trials for tomatoes and other dry farmable crops
- Explore water scarcity and potential water restrictions
- Brainstorm barriers and potential policy solutions
- …and more!
Sponsored by UCSC’s Center for Agroecology
Location | UCSC Hay Barn | 1008 Ranch View Road, Santa Cruz, CA 95064
There is no charge to attend this event. Lunch will be provided!
Pre-register at https://forms.gle/LHvhkfJCM8ixgJk67