The following list includes selected examples of publications from New Gen Learning
- Azmitia, M. (2021). Latinx adolescents’ assets, risks, and developmental pathways: A decade in review and looking ahead. Journal of Research in Adolescence. Manuscript in press.
- Bunch, G. C., & Martin, D. (2021). From “academic language’ to the “language of ideas”: A disciplinary perspective on using language in K-12 settings. Language and Education. Manuscript in press.
- Crampton, A. & Lewis, C. (2020). Artists as Catalysts: The Ethical and Political Possibilities of Teaching Artists in Literacy Classrooms. English Teaching: Practice & Critique, 19(4), 447-462.
- *Huitzilopochtli, S., *Foxworthy Gonzalez, J., Moschkovich, J. N., *McHugh, S. R., & Callanan, M. A. (2021). Noticing multilingual and non-dominant students’ strengths for learning mathematics and science. In A. Essien & A. Msimanga’s (Eds.) Multilingual education yearbook 2021: Policy and practice in STEM multilingual contexts. Springer. Manuscript in press.
- Lewis, C. (2020). Emotion, critical literacy, and the transformation of signs: The fundamentals of language arts. Language Arts, 97(4), 274-278.
- Lewis, C., Crampton, A., & Scharber, C. (2021). The Sociocultural Role of Imagination in Critical Digital Literacy. Pedagogies: An International Journal. Manuscript in press.
- *Palea, D., & Lee, D. T. (2021). Exploratory reading groups: A scalable approach to creative, relational, and student-driven exploration in CS education. In Proceedings of the 52nd ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE ’21), March 13-20, 2021, Virtual Event, USA. ACM, New York, NY, USA, 7 pages.
- Thomas, V., Balzer-Carr, B., Azmitia, M., & Whittaker, S. (2020). Alone and online: Understanding the relationships between social media, solitude, and psychological adjustment. Psychology of Popular Media.
- Zhang, Y., Wang, S., & Duh, S. (2021). Directive guidance as a cultural practice for learning in Chinese-heritage babies. Human Development. In press.
*denotes NGL students