The following list includes selected examples of publications from New Gen Learning
- Azmitia, M. (2021). Latinx adolescents’ assets, risks, and developmental pathways: A decade in review and looking ahead. Journal of Research in Adolescence. Manuscript in press.
- Basch, S.*, Covarrubias, R., & Wang, S. (2021). Expanding access: Minoritized students’ lived experiences with pandemic-era remote learning. Collaborative Research Brief. Article
- Bunch, G. C., & Martin, D. (2021). From “academic language’ to the “language of ideas”: A disciplinary perspective on using language in K-12 settings. Language and Education. Manuscript in press.
- Casanova, S., Mesinas, M. & Martinez-Ortega, S. (2021). Cultural knowledge as opportunities for empowerment: Learning and development for Mexican Indigenous youth. Diaspora, Indigenous, and Minority Education, DOI: 10.1080/15595692.2021.1910940. Article
- Crampton, A. & Lewis, C. (2020). Artists as Catalysts: The Ethical and Political Possibilities of Teaching Artists in Literacy Classrooms. English Teaching: Practice & Critique, 19(4), 447-462.
- Erath, K., Ingram, J., Moschkovich, J., & Prediger, S. (2021). Designing and enacting instruction that enhances language for mathematics learning – A review of the state of development and research. ZDM, The International Journal on Mathematics Education.
- *Huitzilopochtli, S., *Foxworthy Gonzalez, J., Moschkovich, J. N., *McHugh, S. R., & Callanan, M. A. (2021). Noticing multilingual and non-dominant students’ strengths for learning mathematics and science. In A. Essien & A. Msimanga’s (Eds.) Multilingual education yearbook 2021: Policy and practice in STEM multilingual contexts. Springer. Manuscript in press.
- Lewis, C. (2020). Emotion, critical literacy, and the transformation of signs: The fundamentals of language arts. Language Arts, 97(4), 274-278.
- Lewis, C., Crampton, A., & Scharber, C. (2021). The Sociocultural Role of Imagination in Critical Digital Literacy. Pedagogies: An International Journal. Manuscript in press.
- Moschkovich, J.N. & Scott, J. (in press). Language Issues in Mathematics Word Problems for English Learners. To appear in A. Fritz-Stratmann, E. Gürsoy and M. Herzog (Eds.), Diversity Dimensions in Mathematics and Language Learning: Perspectives on Culture, Education and Multilingualism. DeGruyter Press.
- Moschkovich, J. N. (2020). Learners’ language in mathematics classrooms: What we know and what we need to know. In N. Planas, C. Morgan, & M. Schütte (Eds.). Classroom Research on Mathematics and Language: Seeing Learners and Teachers Differently. Abingdon, UK: Routledge.
- Moschkovich, J.N. (2019). Recommendations for Equitable Mathematics Teaching Practices for English Language Learners, Equity Alliance Blog, Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, ASU. Web post
- *Palea, D., & Lee, D. T. (2021). Exploratory reading groups: A scalable approach to creative, relational, and student-driven exploration in CS education. In Proceedings of the 52nd ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE ’21), March 13-20, 2021, Virtual Event, USA. ACM, New York, NY, USA, 7 pages.
- Thomas, V., Balzer-Carr, B., Azmitia, M., & Whittaker, S. (2020). Alone and online: Understanding the relationships between social media, solitude, and psychological adjustment. Psychology of Popular Media.
- Zhang, Y., Wang, S., & Duh, S. (2021). Directive guidance as a cultural practice for learning in Chinese-heritage babies. Human Development. In press.
*denotes NGL students